Greetings to the West, we want to talk to you about a couple of things:
1. Clearly it is in bout our interests that you in the West keep this terrorism factory chugging along.
2. You get to further restrict your citizens rights, especially the few journalists not adhering to the government line. I think we can all agree the truth is unhelpful at this point.
3. You can strut around and also massively increase military and intelligence spending. Eventually we get our hands on those weapons, so that’s a win/win.
4. You whip up fear and get a bounce in the polls and your pliant media gives us free publicity! Seriously, you make us sound like a military super tough-guy powerhouse rather than an accidentally well armed horde of thugs and butchers. Win/win again.
Oh and thanks for the whole “death cult” thing. The PR guys were stoked.
5. Honestly, your media are awesome, Saudi Arabia beheads someone for sorcery, I mean that’s cold, but no one bats an eyelid. We do it and everyone loses their shit!
6. And seriously, do what you like with Metadata, it’s not our problem. We use VPNs and TOR – You may have heard of them. They have them on the internet now.
7. Finally, if you could terrify, vilify, bully and isolate the Muslims in your various communities, that will go a long way to help get some potential recruits over the line.
Transcribed by: CZ
Via: The Guardian